As most of you know, I am OBSESSED with glass jars. I collect antique mason and Ball jars. In fact, we used them for the wedding as lanterns. Getting married was a valid excuse for buying 100+ jars but the thing is, I will actually use them. Between canning, cooking, gifts, and storage, these things will be gone in no time.
Here is Mason Jar Use #9,457: Pin Cushion
And it’s only five steps and takes about 15 min.
1. Scrounge up some loose fabric sraps and quilt batting and one mason jar + lid.
2. Stuff batting into fabric through jar ring.
3. Enclose batting into fabric with jar seal. Pull fabric tight by tugging ends. (You can dab the edges of the jar seal with hot glue for some extra anti-budge security.)
4. Gather fabric and sew closed with a few handstitches.
5. Enjoy! Fill it with random odds n’ ends, bobbins and buttons.
I have included a few pictures in the likely event that my oversimplified instructions have left you clueless.